Sunday, June 2, 2013

What I Wore Sunday #1


Linking up with the What I Wore Sunday crew today!



The skirt is super old...I think from American Eagle.  The top is from Kohls and the sandals I believe are from DSW or the like.  I always struggle with shirts like this because while it's not a spaghetti strap, it is still sleeveless and going sleeveless in church never quite feels right (not to mentioned I am always a good 10 degrees colder than most people around me).  I always try to add a sweater/cardigan but this morning was hot and I just jogged out the door forgetting my clothing staple.

Our pastor was back this weekend, he had a tragedy befall his family and was away for two weeks.    His homily today was wonderful.  He asked what meal we would like to have if it were the last meal we were to have.  People in the congregation mentioned a few different meals.  Our priest then took note of how their eyes lit up when talking about their favorite meals.  He then challenged us to have that same joy, energy, and animation when taking part in the Eucharist, when we receive the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ.  What better meal could we ask for.

I love sharing the time at mass with my husband.  Having him next to me, united in prayer makes me feel so much closer to him.

The rest of our Sunday was spent preparing for a dinner we were hosting for my parents and aunt who is visiting from Colombia.  We made Balsamic Chicken Tortellini salad, cheddar biscuits, and magic cookie bars for dessert.  Everything was delicious and it was nice to be able to show my aunt our home and spend that time together.

Weekends always go so quickly, don't they?  I am not ready for the work week.  Hope everyone enjoyed their weekends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful you decided to stop by! Your comments are always welcome, I just please ask for you to be kind with your words.