Friday, June 21, 2013

7 QT vol 4



Head over to Jen @ Conversion Diary for more 7 Quick Takes!

1. Chris has been on his 2 week MVP (Mandatory Vacation Period) since last Thursday when we left for the Hamptons.  I, in a fortunate turn of events, have not had to go to work either.  So we unexpectedly have had all of this time together that I am absolutely loving!

2. Thanks to Stephanie over at Captive the Heart I started reading Fill These Hearts: God, Sex, and the Universal Longing.  I've always loved Christopher West so I jumped at the chance to read this, and let me just say, I am soaking it up.  I'm not even half way thru but I am trying to savor it, piece by piece.  Maybe I'll write  a "book review" of sorts when I've finished.  But so far I am loving the images he uses of the "starvation diet" the "fast food diet" and "the banquet."  It was interesting to identify for myself where I fell growing up (the starvation diet) and how I found myself moving towards the "fast food diet" at times in my life.  I can't wait to keep reading.

3. I finished the beach bag I had shared with you a few weeks ago...you may be saying, "Hey, Tiffany, that looks different than what you posted before."  How very observant of you!  It is indeed different because I messed up the other one...so I had to get some new yarn (the name of the color was "Ocean" so I thought it was appropriate)  Anyway, I love how it turned out and can't wait to use it!  If you're interested in the pattern I used, you can find it here.  The only changes I would add are that I used 3 balls of yarn and 3 of the thread.  This may be because I chained more in the beginning than it called for.  Also, when you start the next rounds of crocodile stitch, make sure you slip stitch over to where the "scale" will be between the "scales" of the previous row...that's where I messed up before.


4. Speaking of crochet, my newest "thing" is crochet dishcloths...I've done a few different patterns.  One is a bumpy dishcloth - found here (only change here is I just repeated row 2 for the whole dishcloth - for whatever reason when I followed the pattern the "bumps" didn't show up)

The other pattern was for a shell stitch dishcloth.  I followed a pattern in a book I have so if you'd like me to write it out, just leave a comment or shoot me a message

The third pattern is a tunisian crochet dishcloth...it's a form of crochet that uses a longer hook (called an afghan hook) and you can do a mock "knit" look with it.  Which is what the dishcloth is.

I'm not really sure what to call the final "style" of dishcloth but I found this super easy pattern here.  It works up quickly and while I haven't used this one yet, I can tell it will be a great dishcloth.

No more grimy sponges for the O'Hara household!

5. Chris and I are lucky enough that we get the change to get away again this weekend!  His best man's parent's have a house on the Jersey shore in Little Egg Harbor.  Their entire first floor was completely damaged by the hurricane and they just recently got everything fixed up.  Another relaxing weekend on the water up for us!  So excited.

6. Our poor pup is back on antibiotics and steroid and has another ear infection.  Poor thing, he seems so miserable it breaks my heart.  But the doctor has hope that hopefully this last round will be the end of it.

7. Next weekend we build our deck!  I am so excited, all I can do is picture coffee out on the deck...although as of now I have no idea where we will sit on it...ha!

I'm off to find a new bathing suit...I don't know how I was ever comfortable in a bikini (oh wait, I never was) but right now I am in search of something more modest and appropriate.  I am loving all the cute one pieces and tankinis they've come out with...although I'm hating the price tags attached.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout! I loved the book too! If you feel like it, do share your bathing suit pick...I feel exactly the same as you, though I fought the bikini debate until just a few years ago, and have been in search of a new, baby-bump sized tankini this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beach bag with scales looks beautiful! I'll have to check out your Etsy shop soon:)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful you decided to stop by! Your comments are always welcome, I just please ask for you to be kind with your words.