Sunday, August 4, 2013

WIWS #6 and a bridal shower



Well, yet again I have been MIA this past week...I really need to make a better effort blogging...

Work has gotten to be crazy...I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for the school year to start.  I'm ready for my job to go back to what I'm used to instead of having things dumped on my lap last minute...

Enough complaining.  This weekend was fantastic.  I drove to upstate NY (Carmel to be exact) with my friend Danielle to celebrate her upcoming wedding with family and friends at her bridal shower.  We met in grad school and instantly bonded as the "young Catholic girls" She was a bridesmaid in my wedding and I'm honored to be able to stand by her side as she marries her best friend.

Everything this weekend was beautiful.  A couple of her other bridesmaids and I planned a surprise "slumber party" for her Friday night.  She had no idea and was so surprised, it was fantastic!  Saturday was the day of the actual shower and it was so beautiful.  It was a "country chic" theme and D cried as soon as she stepped in and saw everyone there :-)  She is one of those truly genuine, nice, kind people and she deserved every moment!

Here are some highlights from the weekend
My present for the bride
Wine for different life occasions
Wine for the dad, sparkling cider for mom




Mason Jar centerpieces


The bride and her girls

love this girl


It was a lot of fun...although I'm beat from all the driving. It was nice to be home and go to mass with Chris.

The skirt is a repeat from Target.  Shirt and tank from American Eagle and the scarf is from Ann Taylor.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend...and I hope I will get better at this whole blogging thing!

Go visit Fine Linen and Purple for more fashionable ladies!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful you decided to stop by! Your comments are always welcome, I just please ask for you to be kind with your words.