Monday, August 26, 2013

Back to School!

Today is the first day of school for myself and many teachers/staff/students.

We spent last week planning out our group counseling sessions and getting our offices ready (mine has a distinct Ravens theme!)

I spent the last year (ok, in reality just 6 months, I started my job in January) waiting for June and summer.  Then when summer began, and a 9-5 office life began...I started to anxiously await the start of the school year!

My office/company is less than organized at best so being able to be in the school with my co-worker, kind of (not really) running our own show feels great.  The two of us work well together thank God, and she is a sort of counselor mentor to me as she has many more years in the field than I.

I'm looking forward to meeting the new 6th grade hoodlums (jk, we call them scholars at my school) and see how my little 6th, now 7th graders, have grown.  And the 8th graders!  I know they're going to look even more like little men.  As much as I complained last year about their disrespect, lack of interest in our program etc.  I realize that deep down (and I mean deep) they have a level of respect for us and heard at least some of what we were teaching them.

So, here is a happy first day back to school to all of my fellow school counselors, teachers, and staff, as well as the students!  Here's hoping the 2013/14 school year is a great one!

Prayers would be very welcome as I am feeling a wee bit nervous about starting this back up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful you decided to stop by! Your comments are always welcome, I just please ask for you to be kind with your words.