Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Five Favorites - Primero!

I've been avidly reading everyone's Five Favorites posts linking up with Hallie at Moxie Wife but for whatever reason I also seem to go from "Oh, I want to join this link up!" to "Oh hey Friday, where did you come from?"

Since one of the reasons I started this blog was to get my crochet work/shop out there, this is going to be *dah da daaaah* the Five Favorites...CROCHET Edition! (I typed that with a fanfare in my mind...hope you read it that way)

1. My favorite crochet hooks are the aluminum Boye hooks.  I specify Boye since there seem to be two major types of crochet hook styles (and debates about them in crochet world) - the tapered head (Boye) and the in-line (Bates)

The hook on the top is the one I prefer...for me personally it seems to go into the stitches more easily and feels more comfortable for me.  I like aluminum for the ease of use factor (again, personal preference).  The yarn just seems to glide more easily on an aluminum hook...crocheting is therapeutic for me, and if I'm wresting with yarn and hook, well, there goes that therapeutic factor

2. 

I have this crochet hook case and it has made my life much easier.  I used to just keep hooks/yarn needs in a plastic sandwich bag with a pair of craft scissors.  This worked fine until the scissors or a hook or needles punctured the bag and I'd end up losing hook/needle/scissor.  With this case I can have all of my hooks in one place and the scissors fit nicely inside as well.  Plus, don't the hooks look pretty all in a row like that? ;-)

3. My favorite item that I've made to date is a granny square baby blanket.  It took me a while to make and granny squares in general are a bit time consuming with all of the yarn tails you need to weave in plus stitching them all together...but I LOVED this blanket.  I made one for a friend for a baby shower, and it was a hit.  I've started making another one just in case someone on my shop orders one...or if I have a baby I want one too!  I love that gray is the main color, and I love that it's gender neutral, incorporating yellow, blue, white and pink.

4. One of my favorite patterns that I have found (and in turn, a close second for favorite item I have made) is this newborn owl hat.  It is SO cute, and the pattern has sizes for newborn up to adult size!  Heres my finished product that you can find here for $10

5. And last, but not least, my favorite site to find crochet (and knit) patterns: www.ravelry.com   You can sort by free patterns, patterns with pictures, and the difficulty.  I've found the majority of my patterns on this free site...it's slightly addicting.

Annnd if I just bored you with all of the crochet talk...I'm sorry.  But thanks for suffering through anyway!  Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful you decided to stop by! Your comments are always welcome, I just please ask for you to be kind with your words.