Thursday, January 16, 2014

Theme Thursday #2

I feel like I should be hash-tagging this...instead of #tbt -  #tt...amiright?  No?  Ok, moving on.


So, this is only my second time linking up with Cari for Theme Thursday...because I'm lame.  But today's theme is craft/ing/y/ilicious ... seriously, how could I pass this up??  This whole blog was essentially started because of crafting!



What you are viewing in the form of poorly lit basement phone photos is a baby blanket I am alllllmost finished making for a dear friend's baby who is due next month!  Not your average baby blanket colors, right?  When my friend first found out she was pregnant she had said she wanted to do a rainbow theme for the nursery.  She changed her mind and she and her husband ended up basing the nursery on this wall decal:

My thought was to sort of combine the two ideas, my goal being to incorporate the colors of the wall decal into the blanket.  I followed this pattern and LOVED it (see the caps?).  The texture is fantastic, I don't know why, but I love baby blankets with texture.  I just get an image of baby tummy time and the baby playing with all the texture on the blanket  - I swear I'm not creepy...  All that's left now is a couple more rows and then the border...I can't decide what I want to do with the border/what color to make it.  My initial thought was to do the cream color for the border...but now that I'm looking at the wall decal again I'm wondering if maybe a gray would work?  Hmm I don't know.  Feel free to weigh in if you'd like.  And offer up some prayers for my friend, her husband, and their little baby boy! 

7 comments:

  1. I think cream or gray would work well. Lovely blanket and awesome friends for staying away from Baby Pooh and going with that awesome elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That elephant is awesome! The blanket looks cozy, too. Usually I'm not a fan of grey, but I think it would look lovely with those colors and that elephant. Lots of baby things are cream - go with grey!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input, I think I agree with you. For something so different, might as well end with a bang! Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

      Delete
  3. That is gorgeous! I have a plethora of baby blankets but I would happily add to my collection if it was this pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute blanket! I love the texture and all the colors!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful you decided to stop by! Your comments are always welcome, I just please ask for you to be kind with your words.