Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014?

Wait, what happened to 2013?  Anyone else feel like it flew by?

Reading all of the "recaps" other bloggers are writing made me a bit nostalgic myself.  But to go along with the feeling that the year flew by...my memories of the year feel like a blur

2013 brought me a new job - my first "big girl" job.  In fact, today marks 1 year that I've been with my current agency...mixed feelings about all of that

We celebrated my niece's first birthday.  It's still hard to believe the family's little miracle baby is almost 2 at this point!  (And, happy news that I'm now allowed to share - I'm going to be an aunt again!  Prayers for my sister and the little one would be greatly appreciated!)

I started this blog...I'm still not even entirely sure why I decided to start a blog, but I've enjoyed having this as an outlet - a place to post about my crocheting - and a place to meet like minded bloggers!  It's been fun

Chris and I celebrate one year of being married - we traveled up to the Hamptons and enjoyed a super relaxing long weekend.  I can't wait to celebrate many, many more anniversaries with him

Two of our closest friends had their first baby - which isn't something that happened "to" me in 2013, but hey, she's our goddaughter so it was important!

After getting my first "big girl" job, I also started another job hunt a few months after starting for various reasons.  It's been a very difficult hunt, with a lot of ups and downs.  Speaking of...I'm yet again asking for prayers.  I had a phone interview today with an agency called Project Rachel through the Archdiocese of Washington.  It's an agency that works with post abortive women.  It isn't necessarily a counseling position, but I would definitely be using smy counseling skills.  I'm super hopeful.  But trying not to get my hopes up too much.  Again.

We celebrated many fun holidays with family and friends - including Christmas and New Years which will need a whole other post.

I have a good feeling about 2014.  He's hoping for a new job, and who knows, maybe this will be the year we're blessed with our first child???

Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful you decided to stop by! Your comments are always welcome, I just please ask for you to be kind with your words.