Saturday, November 9, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like...

Christmas!

You guys...remember how I said I was working on a new project that would be perfect for those Christmas photo shoots?

Well...I give you (da da daaa)

The Newborn Santa hat and Diaper cover set!








I followed this pattern for the hat and this one for the diaper cover.
I used Vanna's Choice in Scarlet and Bernat Pipsqueak in Whitey White (per Repeat Crafter Me's suggestion)  I had never used Pipsqueak before...and I loved it.  It is super soft, and surprisingly easy to work with once you get used to it.  The only downside was that it was a little messy, especially after making the pom pom.  But still, I love the result.

Speaking of the pom pom - I think I need to work on making those a bit...they're not hard or anything, I just struggled with the new yarn/never having made one before.

The diaper cover is adjustable at the waist...and I'm hoping to figure something out to make the rise adjustable as well.  This is giving me all sorts of ideas...diaper covers for cloth diapers anyone??

The Santa hat pattern has sizes all the way up to adult size, so I'm hoping to make one of those and take a pic to post to the blog/shop.

I loved making this set.  If you know someone who might like it, or if you'd like one yourself, head on over to my Etsy shop - I would be honored to make one for you!

1 comment:

  1. I am very happy to read your articles it’s very useful for me, 
    and I am completely satisfied with your website. 
    All comments and articles are very useful and very good.
    Your blog is very attention-grabbing. I am loving all of the in.
    turn you are sharing with each one!….

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful you decided to stop by! Your comments are always welcome, I just please ask for you to be kind with your words.