Monday, October 14, 2013

Hello Again

I can't believe it has been so long since I wrote a post.  The past couple weeks have been all over the place.

Starting with me getting some sort of plague.  Fine, in reality it was probably just a really bad cold, maybe the flu.  I came down sick on a Thursday, aches, pains, fever and all.  I take my temperature every morning for NFP and I have "ice queen" temperatures.  Ok, they're not that low, buy my norm is in the low-mid 97s.  Post ovulation my norm is the low-mid 98s.  I also knew that lovely time of the month was coming (TMI?) so my temperature should be falling back down.  So when I woke up Thursday morning with a reading of 99.0 I knew I had a slight fever and the sniffles/sore throat weren't from yelling at my students.  Stupid me went to work, and stayed late for Back to School night anyway.  Come home to a 99.8 fever.  Good job, Tiffany. That weekend was my friend's bachelorette party in CT.  I had Bridal Jeopardy, bridal mad-libs, bridal pictionary and other games ready and waiting to go.  I woke up Saturday morning and new there was no way in h e double hockey sticks I was making a drive to CT...not to mention I would hate getting the bride sick before her wedding.  I had to miss out on the festivities.

It was rough, missing one of my closest friends bachelorettes, plus feeling sick and miserable, plus it was that lovely time of the month which meant no baby.  Not a big deal, I know, we've only just begun "throwing caution to the wind" but still a bummer none the less.

I worked a two day week  the following week and then it was my friends wedding in northern NJ!  It was a beautiful wedding...but I forgot that in non-Catholic services the bridal party stands the whole time...and it was so HOT.  When I should have been paying attention to the service all I could think about is the sweat dripping down my back (a less than ladylike look), and a groomsman almost fainted too - poor guy is never gonna live that one down!  The wedding was a blast, and I am so happy for the newlyweds!  Congrats Andrew and Danielle! [Pictures to Come - need to upload them from my camera]

I finally made my first sale on one of my crocheted items!  A co-worker ordered two of my newborn owl hats...it's amazing how that has become the highlight of my last week.

Friday I got am email from the Pastoral Counseling agency I so desperately wanted to get an interview with.  They had an influx of resumes and decided to pursue other people.  I was crushed...like, bawling my eyes out, totally messy cry crushed.  This agency felt like my last hope so getting that email made me feel helpless, like I was going to be stuck in this hell of a job forever.  (I swear I'm not an overly dramatic person)
yarn and pumpkin ale always helps my mood

This weekend was great.  Chris knew how upset I was and was extra sweet to me.  Saturday we went over to our friends house and got together with some people to carve pumpkins!  Our friends host this carving party every year, and it's always a ton of fun...plus this year there was the added bonus of getting to see our super cute goddaughter.  She's two months old already and holy smokes is she cute...and already so strong!
Our pumpkins - Chris' and mine in the middle
Speaking of our friends and their cute daughter...Kathleen has starter her own blog!  Kathleen is the wife of my husband's best friend - so thank God we get along or I'm pretty sure my husband wouldn't have proposed lol  She is the most amazing cook (so if she posts a recipe, trust me, try it), the hostess with the mostess (I aspire to get to her level), a fantastic wife, wonderful friend, knitter/crafter extraordinaire, and awesome new mom.  Now, go check her out at whenitsyourown.com ... You won't regret it!

And with this post, let's hope I get back into the blogging groove, I've missed you all! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you didn't get the job! I know how that feels, a few years back I was totally passed up on a great youth ministry job, hang in there:)

    I'm adjusting to getting back too with school starting and my sister's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl, it's been rough, but I'm ramping up the prayers lol Hope school is going well!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful you decided to stop by! Your comments are always welcome, I just please ask for you to be kind with your words.