Sunday, June 22, 2014

MIA blogger returns...to Answer Me This!

It's been...a very long while.  I could totally psychoanalyze why I've been absent from blogging despite many blog post ideas running through my head and sitting in my drafts...but I won't for your sake.  Instead, I decided to make my return by linking up with Kendra's Answer Me This.  I've been following along with this link-up and am excited to finally take a stab at it myself.


1. When's the last time you got a new bathing suit?

The last time I bought a bathing suit was in April/May of this year.  I used to be a bikini wearing girl...I won't get into the bikini/one-piece debate, what you wear at the pool/beach is up to you, but I recently decided that wearing bikinis was no longer for me.  Plus, at the end of May we were going to Florida with Chris' family and I didn't need to be worrying about feeling scandalous in front of his grandparents.  And I just wanted to feel more comfortable...so I went on a bit of a (expensive) bathing suit buying spree.
This one I got was my favorite - and I always look just like that at the beach...


Followed closely by this one...I love polka dots

2. Who made the last incoming call on your phone?
 
My last incoming call is from my mom.  Not all that surprising, she's the one who calls me the most.  I tend to be more of an email/text message girl.

3. If you receive communion, do you receive it in the hands or on the tongue?

I receive on the tongue.  When I was preparing  for my First Communion my mother more or less put the fear of God into me about receiving on the tongue ONLY.  I remember once, I had a similar experience to Kendra's son, and an overly zealous/pushy Eucharistic minister sort of ignore my tongue and placed the host right into my hands.  I felt awful.  I am not sure if there are church documents about the best way to receive the Eucharist (if you have some to share, I'd love to look at them) but I just know that for me personally I feel like receiving on the tongue, and bowing before, are just a couple acts of reverence I can show Our Lord.
If it's good enough for Bl. Mother Teresa, it's good enough for me!


4. Do you have a tattoo?
No, but to be honest, I have kind of always wanted one.  One that incorporates my faith in some way since thats the only thing I would want permanently on my body.  (I LOVE Haley's tattoo art) I, however, am a scaredy cat and will more than likely never get a tattoo...plus I think my mother would murder me and that would just be sad.

5. How many dinner plates are in your house?
In our cabinets we have 8 sets of these dishes:
  
Aren't they awesomely funky?  I love them
And then in storage we have 8 (or is it 12?) sets of this fine china...that we have yet to use and don't even have space for in our townhouse.

So I guess that makes either 16 or 20 dinner plates in our house...but only 8 that we actually use.

6. Do you have an accent?
Not that I am aware of.  Although there have been a few times where people said they could tell I'm from right outside Baltimore.  Something about not pronouncing the "T" in Baltimore?  But in my opinion, no, I do not have an accent.

Now, go check out other's "Answer Me This" at Kendra's and have a happy Sunday everyone.  Here's to hoping this return to blogging will stick, I kind of missed it.

5 comments:

  1. Recieving in your hands is as valid as on the tongue. Why would you be upset by it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your squarish plates are so fun! I would smile every time I used one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top suit is really, really great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back lady:) That polka dot suit is simply darling!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha! a lot of us introverted texters. and jackpot on the bathing suits!
    http://clairesacrificeofpraise.blogspot.com/2014/06/answer-me-this-getting-to-know-me.html

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful you decided to stop by! Your comments are always welcome, I just please ask for you to be kind with your words.