Monday, July 7, 2014

Long weekend...of painting

This is going to be a short post, more of a precursor to a post I'll be writing later.  About our mini kitchen reno.  

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend.  We hosted my family and make some delish GF& DF kabobs (my sister is dairy and gluten free).  I also made some yummy GF and DF peanut butter chocolate chip (dairy free) cookies.

And then Saturday we started the long.  very long.  process of painting our kitchen cabinets.  I've been wanting to do this since we moved in but have been more than slightly overwhelmed by the idea.  And rightly so it turns out.  But, never the less, we bought Rust-Oleum cabinet transformations in pure white and got to work.
We live in a townhouse without a garage and so we had to improvise on working space and could only paint half the cabinet doors at a time.  We took out our dining room table and put it in our living room and turned the dining room into the area for cabinet painting.  And let me just tell you how uncomfortable it has been painting like that.  More on that later though.

For now, here are a few "teaser" photos from my phone that shows a little of our progress.

This really shows the difference in color...beige/cream/gross to white!

First coat

First coat



We just finished putting the "protective coat" on the doors so by tonight they should be ready to have the new hardware put on.  I'll let you know all about how I've liked this product in the next post.

Until them, have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful you decided to stop by! Your comments are always welcome, I just please ask for you to be kind with your words.