Saturday, April 18, 2015

Many Updates.

I am currently typing this post on my new 2-in-1 HP Pavilion laptop *big smile*  My other laptop has been dead for ages and while I have a loaner tablet from work, it never felt right using it for anything but work things.  Plus, I certainly wasn't about to upload photos onto a work computer.  So, once again I return.

There has been a lot going on.  The biggest of which is...we're moving!  I did a novena to St. Joseph just prior to listing...and it worked out that we listed our townhouse on the feast of St. Joseph.  3 days later we had our first offer...2 days after that we had 3 total offers and accepted one at 10K over our asking price!  Then...to give you a few more chills, we fell in love with a house and put in an offer...our offer was accepted on the Feast of the Annunciation.  God is good...all the time.

We're moving from a 2 bed 2.5 bath town house to a 5 bed 2.5 bath single family home - so come vist!  We'll have lots of room *wink*.  We're going to have a yard!  And I will have an office/craft room that I am just itching to set up.  We settle on our townhouse April 29 and on the new home May 1 so we are already deep in the thick of packing.  Which is daunting, let me tell you.

Would you like a little tour of the home that was our first?  Ps. our house never has and probably never will look this clean again.

Entry way...kitchen on the Right

Kitchen...painted those cabinets ourselves!



Dining area and Living room

no fireplace in the new home...I'll miss it

1st floor

basement family room 



office/laundry


Master bedroom...the room that sold us on this house 


basement bath

guest room

the deck Chris and his dad & brothers built

I still can't really believe we're moving.  Chris and I are both so excited to be a. closer to our jobs and b. to have a little more space.  We're moving to Catonsville which is a small suburb of Baltimore County.  It'll cut both of our commute times down which will be really nice.  Plus we can walk to "old Catonsville" which has a ton of cute shops/coffee shops/farmers markets etc.  AND we'll be able to become parishioners at the parish that I grew up in.  I got a little thrill of joy thinking about the possibility that if/when we have children, they'll be able to grow up in the same church I did!  Once we're in the new place I'll post some pictures.

I'm also excited that once I have a designated space for my laptop/camera/crafting supplies I'll really be able to dedicate some time and energy to getting my Etsy shop to where I want it.  I've already put out a request on my Facebook page that anyone who has ordered from me - if they don't mind having pictures of their children and/or themselves on my shop to let me know if I can use photos of them wearing or using my items.  And one of my co-workers/friends who has a photography business on the side offered to take professional pics of my items this summer (which I really hope actually happens!)

To give you an update on what I've been working on crochet wise...I recently feel in love with this Animal Alphabet crochet blanket by Repeat Crafter Me.  So I have started to work on the appliques.  Here's what I have so far:
A is for Alligator.  B is for Butterfly

C is for crab (cause we're in MD!) D is for Dog, E is for Elephant, F is for Fox
F is for Fox, G is for giraffe, H is for hedgehog, and I is for iguana
That's all I've got for now.  Just thought I'd update this real fast.  Hope you all are doing well :-)

God Bless.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful you decided to stop by! Your comments are always welcome, I just please ask for you to be kind with your words.