Tuesday, January 6, 2015

White baby...stickers

Yesterday, Chris and I attended an introductory session about the Creighton model of NFP.  (by the way, lets all ignore the fact that I haven't blogged in months and jump right back into this!)

I saw my doctor in November, and after hearing that Chris and I had been hoping to be pregnant for over a year she suggested we learn the Creighton model, especially considering my family history.  I may have mentioned this, but the Creighton model and NaPro technology is what helped my sister get pregnant with my niece after 11 years of infertility.

We had already attended an NFP intro session when we were engaged and had been charting since then - but I still felt like I learned some new things during this session.

One sentence that really stuck out to me, and I don't know why I've never thought of it this way, was "If women are at most times infertile, then the couple is at most times infertile."  It seems like one of those "well, duh" sentences and yet, I had never thought of it like that.

Anyway, so we reviewed anatomy and physiology and then got into the details of charting.  We were already familiar with charting, but this time we will only be charting cervical mucus (I am 27 years old and still hate that word...) and using fun stickers!  We are entering into a world of red, green, white baby and green baby stickers.

I am still holding out so. much. hope.  Every month.  "Hope does not disappoint."  "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."  Two of my favorite verses.  I'm starting to feel a little ridiculous for letting this take up so much space in my mind and heart.  There are so many other blessings in my life, why am I fixating on this one thing??  I keep thinking, well, maybe this will be the month, and then we won't need to worry about all this!  My doctor will be shocked, our follow ups with the Creighton lady will be easy peasy.  But, then I remember some other things I learned last night...some of the things I've noticed about my cycle seem to point to sub- or infertility and low progesterone.  Although I probably shouldn't jump to any conclusions yet, right?

Ok enough about our journey into charting biomarkers (ha!  I avoiding have to say...the "m" word).

Christmas and New Years were fabulous (and eventful, but we can leave that for another post).  I have a recap in the works but in the mean time I figured I'd leave you with this.  Maybe I'm back for good?  Here's hoping.

Here's some pictures from the past few months to liven this post up a bit:

I got bangs!  New year, new hair

Crochet santa hat...first pattern I've made on my own

Favorite Christmas tradition

Festive Buster!

One of many new projects...gift card holder

Snow White @ work

Dinosaur set...hat, diaper cover, and booties

Boy & Girl minions!

My first Ravens game!!

bulletin board in my office "Be who you are, and be that perfectly well" St. Frances de Sales

Another wall in my office. 
"We are each of us like a small mirror in which God searches for his reflection" St. John Vianney
Hubs turned 29!


drowsy owl

elephant (for a friend's baby...she is obsessed with elephants)

white cabinets and new lighting and appliances

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I just love the bangs!!! Also I just realized you and I are the same age and our husbands are the same age. So not important but I thought it was neat. :) Happy new year and best wishes on your Creighton journey! You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful you decided to stop by! Your comments are always welcome, I just please ask for you to be kind with your words.