Monday, March 10, 2014

7 Quick Takes & WIWS

These  are my super late Quick Takes.  Thank you Jen for the link up - go check the other takes out!

This is what happens when you cannot find the cord for your camera and have a bunch of pictures of share.

1.  I've missed a couple What I Wore Sunday posts...but luckily for you, I saved the pictures!  So I"m retroactively linking up with FLAP (see what I did here?  killing two link ups with one post!)

Skirt and Shirt from Kohls, tank from Aeropostale, boot cuffs crocheted by moi

Jean - Limited, jacket and tank - Ann Taylor

2. Remember that baby blanket I posted about?  I finished it about a month ago (finally) and here is the final product!  Per the usual, I finished these hours before we were supposed to meet so I couldn't get the best pictures
Chose a light gray border - thought a dark gray would make the whole thing too dark







I loved making this blanket for our friends.  They loved it and I am so happy that I was able to make something for their precious little man (who made his debut a week ago!).

3. I started my new job this week and am loving it!  I had three days worth of orientation.  It was a bit of information overload but I am so incredibly grateful for a thorough orientation.  I did not have any sort of introduction to the company or my duties at my last job.  It was more of a "Well, here is where you are working - good luck!"  So, like I said, I am quite grateful for the orientation.  I even saw my first client this week!  I'm excited for this new adventure and opportunity.  I even decided to institute a "Positive Affirmations Jar" into each session for my clients.  I'm going to save 5 mins at the end of each session for my client to choose an affirmation and that is theirs to keep for the week - a reminder, so to speak.
some of the affirmations
4. Any prayers you could offer up for my mother-in-law would be fantastic.  She had surgery for a broken arm on Friday.  She is home now, resting with 4-6 weeks of recovery ahead of her.

5. Have you heard of arm knitting?  It's pretty much exactly what you think it is - knitting...with your arms.  I'd seen different "pins" about it and decided to try it for myself.  I "arm knit" a chunky infinity scarf...and I LOVE it.  I will definitely be adding this to my shop.  It's super cozy and adds a little "somethin', somethin'" to most outfits.  What do you think?


6. Did you know it takes an average of 3-6 months for a "normal" (whatever that means) couple to conceive?  I did not.  So does that mean if you go beyond 6 months you're no longer normal?  Well, lets be real, Chris and I have never exactly been considered normal *wink*  And no, this is not a pregnancy announcement.  According to one person, maybe it's because we practiced NFP at the beginning of our marriage and now God's showing us who is really in control...I'm not even sure I can get into how that made me feel.

7. Our priest yesterday gave a fantastic homily about the three temptations the Gospel talks about.  The temptation of security (the temptation of bread), the temptation to not trust in God's plan for us (hey, Quick Take #6) as illustrated by throwing Himself off a parapet, and the temptation to worship false idols (the temptation for empires/power) - which often manifests as a need to be a part of what "everyone else is doing" versus standing out from the norm.  This was one of those homilies I wish I had been able to either a. take notes or b. record it.

Since it is no longer Friday, I will say that I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and will have a great week!

If you could throw up some prayers for me and the new clients I will see this week, I will greatly appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. I love that first outfit! And you did a beautiful job on that blanket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shirt in the top outfit! And that baby blanket is so adorable!

    Prayers for you guys re: #6 - God's timing is perfect but hopefully it coincides with your timing at least a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers going up for you and your new clients Tiffany. I am so glad I had the blessings of meeting you at Loyola, working with you, and continuing our friendship. Your clients are lucky to have you. Stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful you decided to stop by! Your comments are always welcome, I just please ask for you to be kind with your words.